Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light of Valinor

Welcome to the Light of Valinor kinship's official forum!

LoV HomepageLoV Homepage  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Update 10/21/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have put together some tables to show all of the Racial Deeds, their requirements for completion, and the resulting reward for each. --Vay
Update 10/30/2009 - 11:10am CT: I have updated the Officer and Member Listings to reflect all of the new members and levels as of today. If I missed anything and yours needs updating, please let me know! --Vay
Update 10/19/2009 - 3:00pm CT: I have added a Character Stats post that breaks down each statistic your character has. I also added an in-depth Crafting Overview, a Vocations Overview, and a Professions Overview. --Vay
Update 10/16/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have updated the Level 45 Class Quest Items post to include the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 5:00pm CT: A section full of information on the Races of Middle Earth is now available. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 10:45am CT: Trait sets for all classes are now posted: Burglars, Captains, Champions, Guardians, Hunters, Lore-Masters, Minstrels, Rune-Keepers, and Wardens. Also, a detailed listing of all the Legendary Books for every class is now posted. --Vay
Update 10/14/2009 - 1:00pm CT: I have added a very in-depth Traits section and overhauled the Virtues section. Enjoy! Smile --Vay
Update 10/13/2009 - 10:15am CT: I have added a full explanation and listing of all Fellowship Maneuvers under the Class Information topic. --Vay
Kinship Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 72.52.166.212
Port: 3784
Password: lov
Alliance Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 205.234.153.26
Port: 3914
Password: See an Officer
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 204 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 am
Latest topics
» Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm by fearlove

» San MarinoSan Marino
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» Convention on the Conservation
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» The town spreads
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Republic of Macedonia
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Paeonia (kingdom)
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm by fearlove

» ibrary of Congress
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 am by fearlove

» EthnonymEthnonym
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

» UkrainiansUkrainians
Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

Bards of Middle Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bards of Middle Earth Empty
PostSubject: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:03 am

I would like to get together with interested parties and work on some songs as a group. I've got some stuff I've started writing out for an intrumental ensemble. I want to work on synced songs. maybe prepare some poetry to go with our songs. Artsy fartsy type stuff Smile If there is enough interest perhaps we can do this once a week.
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:48 am

Very good idea.

A friend I have met in middle earth taught me how to sync songs.
If it is done manually, it will be very very hard to sync Wink but with abc files, there are in game commands that allow this.

It would definately be great to have a band playing outside the pony weekly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm very interested in this idea. One of the things that brought me back to LOTRO is the music system. I'm a musician IRL and always found the idea of ingame music and all the possibilities that it brings to be a extremely unique idea!

I have also heard that ABC files work the best for lag-less playing, but nothing beats the freeform of music you play yourself, even in a game!

Count me in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:29 pm

im new to the whole music thing but id love doing that!
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:34 pm

i like to relate my very poor RL skills with my ukulele to the lute in game hehe. ok then, ill start a topic in scheduled events for a music session. in the mean time, any suggestions for songs? we can get a list together then run a poll on it.

Update: Check out the scheduled events!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:46 pm

We all have to start somewhere and what better way to learn than with friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:53 pm

how about we try fir elise? or greensleeves? simple things really can have the most impact especially if we do it with flair - like stop mid song and all do handstands - it can become more of a performance Smile

How about something like Carmen or The 5th symphony Very Happy

They arent difficult to play and would sound awesome. Then again we could break with that altogether and do modern popular songs or metal or whatever!

The sky is the limit. ohhh tom petty lol see!
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:56 pm

lol that would be awsome. well. ive set next weekend as the performance, maybe we will need more time to practise hehe. lets wait and see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Something I am looking at is converting some MML files I made for Mabinogi into usable files in ABC. If it works I will be able toreliably create abc files out of any midi I can find. Plus I wont have to worry about any silly character limitations or only haveing three chords.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bards of Middle Earth   Bards of Middle Earth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bards of Middle Earth
Page 1 of 1