Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light of Valinor

Welcome to the Light of Valinor kinship's official forum!

LoV HomepageLoV Homepage  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Update 10/21/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have put together some tables to show all of the Racial Deeds, their requirements for completion, and the resulting reward for each. --Vay
Update 10/30/2009 - 11:10am CT: I have updated the Officer and Member Listings to reflect all of the new members and levels as of today. If I missed anything and yours needs updating, please let me know! --Vay
Update 10/19/2009 - 3:00pm CT: I have added a Character Stats post that breaks down each statistic your character has. I also added an in-depth Crafting Overview, a Vocations Overview, and a Professions Overview. --Vay
Update 10/16/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have updated the Level 45 Class Quest Items post to include the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 5:00pm CT: A section full of information on the Races of Middle Earth is now available. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 10:45am CT: Trait sets for all classes are now posted: Burglars, Captains, Champions, Guardians, Hunters, Lore-Masters, Minstrels, Rune-Keepers, and Wardens. Also, a detailed listing of all the Legendary Books for every class is now posted. --Vay
Update 10/14/2009 - 1:00pm CT: I have added a very in-depth Traits section and overhauled the Virtues section. Enjoy! Smile --Vay
Update 10/13/2009 - 10:15am CT: I have added a full explanation and listing of all Fellowship Maneuvers under the Class Information topic. --Vay
Kinship Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 72.52.166.212
Port: 3784
Password: lov
Alliance Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 205.234.153.26
Port: 3914
Password: See an Officer
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 204 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 am
Latest topics
» Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm by fearlove

» San MarinoSan Marino
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» Convention on the Conservation
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» The town spreads
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Republic of Macedonia
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Paeonia (kingdom)
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm by fearlove

» ibrary of Congress
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 am by fearlove

» EthnonymEthnonym
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

» UkrainiansUkrainians
LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-06-21

LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) Empty
PostSubject: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Hobbit: Hey Elf, did you hear the LoV are playing at the pony next week?!

Elf: Really?! WOW! Ive wanted to see them like for ever!

Hobbit: Yeah it will be so awsome!

Elf: Lets just hope Dwarf doesnt know...

Hobbit: Wink

That's right! You heard it folks, LoV is playing live at the Pony on Friday the 27th of June at 9pm EST

Song suggestions are now welcome, when a few are received - a poll will be set up

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Practise times TBA

Last edited by Crudern on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:16 pm

first song recommendation By Buppin

Reptillia - The Strokes
Back to top Go down
Katella
Officer
Officer
Katella

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:14 pm

i LoV the name , gonna think of some songs.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Vayethir
Founder/Successor
Founder/Successor
Vayethir

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 am

katella wrote:
i LoV the name , gonna think of some songs.... bounce

Ha!! That's great Kat!! I LoV it!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightofvalinor.com
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 am

I'll try to hammer out some songs for this. No promisis as working on those really has to have me in the right mood to do it. Still I am wanting to have at least one done by the time we start so we can see how a synched song will sound
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:23 am

Great, Thanks Biradan. Appreciate it

Im sure it will sound very nice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:54 pm

um i just need to know the time tongue
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 pm

hehe Wink

Quote :
You heard it folks, LoV is playing live at the Pony on Friday the 27th of June at 9pm EST
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:20 am

Ok I have A song ready. I think. I have no idea what this will sound like put together. I problably need to tweak it more but I need your hepl to do so. Therefore we need to practice.

I need the following instruments.

Lute
Harp
Clarinet
Theorbo
Drum

Let me know who is interested in playing these instruments and hopefully we can get some practice at it before Friday. Additionally I will need to have a way to send you ABC files so we can sync the song. I am on MSN as one potiential way we can share files. Let me know how you want to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:40 am

ok I have 3 more songs ready

First song. Solo with a stringed instrument
Second song. Duo. Harp and Theorbo
3rd song. Clarinet, Theorbo, harp, lute

Again these need to be fine tuned. If for no other reason that I have no idea what a Theorbo sounds like other than being told its a muffled bass sound.
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:05 am

wow! Biradan! Great Job Wink

Well, count me in for playing a lute, cowbell or horn!

When would you like to schedule the practise?

As for the abc files, you should be able to email me - if you go to my profile page, there should be an email link there
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Hey all!

LoV has had its first official practise sesion! Great jam guys Wink

thanks to Biradan/ferumac, Raith/Vay, Piana, Cru/Arurt for attending. Look forward to seeing oyu all at our grand opening!
Check out this sick pic Wink

LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) Practi11
Back to top Go down
Amanathradiel

Amanathradiel

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 pm

So can we get some cool music to play at special occasions? For events? How many people can we get together to really create an awesome atmosphere and draw people in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:38 am

Crud asked me last night If I wanted to take charge of this event. After sleeping on it I've decided I'd rather not. I'm not really all that great when it comes to drumming up intrest, advertising, or setting up scheduals. I just like making the music and coordinating with the people who show up. So what I will do is start a new thread so everyone can post their music requests. I will then try and Get all the music done I can. I will also make a second post to advertise what music we have done Which will include all the instruments needed to play the full song and what we can get by with at minimum. Only songs we have that sound good will be on that list. Details will be in the respective threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:21 am

Sorry I couldn't make it. Storms knocked out my power Friday evening. I won't be able to make it next Friday either due to the Holiday. I'll prepare some suitably atriotic musics thouhg for those who do attend. Battle Hymn of the Republic type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Np np bira. TBH - most of us forgot lol. but gar did some great playing Smile

aman - apparently it can be done in raids. so - hopefully we can get 24 up and running - what a sight to see Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:36 am

awww, i missed the first one, but ill attend the next one- what time is it?
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:26 pm

not scheduled yet xant Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:01 am

We all mised the first one it seems.
Back to top Go down
Crudern
Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Crudern

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:41 am

lol yep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:28 am

So, When would you guys like to get together and work on some music. I'd like to set up some practice sessions with at least 6 people before we actualyl do a live event. I'd also like to do these practice sessions away from major throughfares if possible. When we get the Kin house that will be ideal for practice.

Once we have a few practice sessiosn under our belt and a set of songs ironed out as good as we can get we can start thinking about a live performance. Who all is even interested in this band thing? What times would you like to try and set up practice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)   LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LoV (Light of Valinor band) works hell huh ;)
Page 1 of 1