Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
If you are a member of the Light of Valinor kinship, please send me a message with your Main Character's name, Alternate Characters' names, and their professions (Woodworker, Forester, etc). Thanks!!

--Vay
Light of Valinor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light of Valinor

Welcome to the Light of Valinor kinship's official forum!

LoV HomepageLoV Homepage  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Update 10/21/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have put together some tables to show all of the Racial Deeds, their requirements for completion, and the resulting reward for each. --Vay
Update 10/30/2009 - 11:10am CT: I have updated the Officer and Member Listings to reflect all of the new members and levels as of today. If I missed anything and yours needs updating, please let me know! --Vay
Update 10/19/2009 - 3:00pm CT: I have added a Character Stats post that breaks down each statistic your character has. I also added an in-depth Crafting Overview, a Vocations Overview, and a Professions Overview. --Vay
Update 10/16/2009 - 12:15pm CT: I have updated the Level 45 Class Quest Items post to include the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 5:00pm CT: A section full of information on the Races of Middle Earth is now available. --Vay
Update 10/15/2009 - 10:45am CT: Trait sets for all classes are now posted: Burglars, Captains, Champions, Guardians, Hunters, Lore-Masters, Minstrels, Rune-Keepers, and Wardens. Also, a detailed listing of all the Legendary Books for every class is now posted. --Vay
Update 10/14/2009 - 1:00pm CT: I have added a very in-depth Traits section and overhauled the Virtues section. Enjoy! Smile --Vay
Update 10/13/2009 - 10:15am CT: I have added a full explanation and listing of all Fellowship Maneuvers under the Class Information topic. --Vay
Kinship Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 72.52.166.212
Port: 3784
Password: lov
Alliance Ventrilo Status

Server IP: 205.234.153.26
Port: 3914
Password: See an Officer
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 204 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 am
Latest topics
» Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm by fearlove

» San MarinoSan Marino
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» Convention on the Conservation
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm by fearlove

» The town spreads
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Republic of Macedonia
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm by fearlove

» Paeonia (kingdom)
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm by fearlove

» ibrary of Congress
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:44 am by fearlove

» EthnonymEthnonym
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

» UkrainiansUkrainians
Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 am by fearlove

Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)

Go down 
+2
Naphula
Shaxell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaxell
Leader
Leader
Shaxell

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) Empty
PostSubject: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:18 am

EDIT

Last edited by Delmore on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/codsniper
Naphula

Naphula

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 am

as far as the rolling is concerned, im @$% (and this may be presumptuous) that they won't count their DK points when playin w/ non-kin members. i was with gar's group the other night when we met the mithril crown ppl, and they were very friendly and had no problem sharing the loot. i'm sure all it would take is a decision before setting out (ie: "how do you guys want to loot? roll/pass, need/greed, etc.?"). i know we were all doing the usual LoV style (master looter, then everyone rolls 100 at the end of the fight). as far as your other concerns listed, i'm not the one to respond Razz
Back to top Go down
Astareth

Astareth

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:55 am

All excellent concerns! Now that you brought them up. In my little mind when I saw the
mail, all I said was Cool! But didnt have other thoughts beyond that. I do like the way our
runs are mangaed and am a creature of habit.

Holding my breath for the answers Suspect

OK, its over, small lungs...........
Ast
Back to top Go down
Naphula

Naphula

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:45 pm

i just want to say: myself, ber, gar, and lance all went to the rift w/ the mithril crown guys last night and it was probably the smoothest run i've ever been on. in about 4 hours we made it past the sisters. we only had a few deaths the entire time. we didn't wipe once. the looting was extremely fair (one teal and one gem per person, purples went to guards unless you wanted one of them), the leadership was taken over by one of the mithril crown members who knows the rift inside and out. we hopped on their vent server and communication was excellent. all in all, everyone had a great time (from what i could tell Razz). seems to me like this is a great kin to partner up with for the big scary runs! can't wait for more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Astareth

Astareth

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 pm

thanks Nap, look foward to a run with MC after seeing the mouse house (Disney)
Back to top Go down
Garawyn

Garawyn

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Ok, first of all we are dealing with the Mithril ORDER kinship (my mistake, sorry, handwriting was illegible)

Now to address questions that I would have gotten to sooner except this week has happened in fast forward ... and I felt it prudent to jump on this train when the opportunity popped up.

There is no merging, joining or real alliance (at this point on the alliance) going on. We are STILL and WILL REMAIN Light of Valinor! What we have are two midsize kins (and growing) kinships that have similar issues when it comes to major instances and raids.

* Not enough high level players that are interested, have time and are on at compatible times.

* Spending 1+ hour to form a group and get started because you are at the mercy of GLFF

* Teaming up with unknowns that may or may not work well with the leader's structure, strategy, overall team personality.

What has been proposed and is in the TESTING stage is to form a partnership of sorts where leaders of BOTH kins will work together when one or both want to run Rift or Hele to form as close to a full group as possible before the actual start time. When you get down to it, it speaks highly of both kins since the idea was born from both sides of the fence being impressed with the skill, knowledge and demeanor of the other.

As for how it work, here is what's been discussed:

Planning Kinship

Will have leadership
Will approach officer of other kinship to coordinate dates and times
Will pull from their kinship FIRST for available slots
Will get with officer of other kinship with info on areas that need filling, setting up backup players for slots that might come open due to players having to drop

Officers from the respective kin will decide who goes from members that have let it be known that they are serious about wanting to go, can dedicate a MINIMUM of 4 hours to a run (emergencies the exception) and classes that are needed. This is where it is important to communicate with your officers about interest, willingness and availability. If we don't know, we can't include you, period. We will try to make sure that all who want to be involved gets a turn, even if it means that at some designated point we have to rotate players. We want everyone to get a chance for experience, armour, deeds, etc.

There is no set time really that they plan their raids. I know that they have in the past confined runs mostly to the weekends starting in the late morning (MTN). They have every intention of working on compromises with us, just as we should, because the ultimate goal is to pre-plan a run with quality players.

We have a lot of players that want to get in these raids. Whate we lack (at the moment) is experience and knowledge. These guys have that in both the Rift and Hele. What they lack is dependable quality players. I have now been thru various runs with about 10 - 12 of their kins and have been very impressed, as they have been with us. I really see this as a great opportunity for both sides.

As for loot rules, they have almost identical standards.

* One teal per player per run
* One jewel (armour trade) per person per run
* Yellows and Purples from bosses go to Guards for repairs (however, if you see something that you NEED, just ask the guard and it's traded, no fuss)
* Roll on everything else

Everything is handled very fair and equal. Heck, they didn't even blink when I joined last night and on the very next boss I rolled high for the jewel. All I got was "Congrats" all around. From what I've seen so far we are dealing with some really good guys.

I will be happy to discuss any of this further personally in the game or thru messages. If anything is brought up that has bearing I will be glad to post it here for all to take into consideration when deciding involvement.

Again, my bad on the misinformation about kin name. We are dealing with Mithril Order (not Crown).
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/Garawyn69
Vayethir
Founder/Successor
Founder/Successor
Vayethir

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Great work on snagging this opportunity, Gar Smile I look forward to some good times with everyone. I may be on tonight to get something going, so you may see me sooner than you think Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightofvalinor.com
Kali

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Gar, one of the things that you can suggest is making a channel.

For instance, it can be MOLOV (HA I like that actually Razz).

Just have the chatchannels user chat 1-4 checked (I color code each channel, it helps on the MT's sometimes lol).

/joinchannel whateverisdecided

/listchannels (to see what number it went into)

/1 Hi guys! (and everyone in the first user chat channel will see the message.

If for instance you're already in GLFF, and GOOC, then if this works it'll be /3 ...

Just a suggestion. Might make impromptu groups for cd, uru, hele, rift, and bg a little easier to find. Can't find the right make up in our kin and just need 2 more, instead of outsourcing to glff, we could check the channel and see if any MO ppl wanna come play.

/shrug... just a suggestion. (I use this method to keep tabs with the other kin that I'm in that way I can pester them when I wanna *cackle*)
Back to top Go down
Garawyn

Garawyn

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm

That is a fantastic idea!!! I've been trying to figure out a way to have the two keep up with each other because I know there are times that officers aren't on, and these guys are always willing to run into CD, Uru or BG. Having a joint channel would be a great way for both kins to have instant communication.

OMG, YOU ROCK Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kali

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:08 pm

lol ... just once you and the mithril order coordinator decide on a channel name, let the rest of us know so that we can join the channel :p

oh.. and i'd like a cookie please... Very Happy

/munches_on_cookie
Back to top Go down
Garawyn

Garawyn

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Based on the concerns here, for the time being participation in the joint kin raids will be temporarily limited to LoV Officers. The exceptions to this will be Vadamir and Beringard (both of which were integral in getting this ball rolling), along with Naphula (who has already been involved in a TMO raid).

Once the Officers have a chance to run a couple of raids and make a determination if this is truly going to be in the Kin's best interest, all available information will be made known to everyone that might want to take part.

In the interim, we will be having our own raids that are open to anyone over 50 that wants to get into the Rift. Might take some creative character juggling for some, but totally doable Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)   Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mithril Crowns (Correction/Edit - Actual Kin Name Mithril Order)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light of Valinor :: Welcome to Light of Valinor! :: Help/FAQ-
Jump to: